Let me put it more clearly, since no one will believe that a thirteen year-old girl is completely alone in the world. And I'm not. I have loving parents and a sixteen-year-old sister, and there are about thirty people I can call friends. I have a throng of admirers who can't keep their adoring eyes off me and who sometimes have to resort to using a broken pocket mirror to try and catch a glimpse of me in the classroom. I have a family, loving aunts and a good home. No, on the surface I seem to have everything, except my one true friend. All I think about when I'm with friends is having a good time. I can't bring myself to talk about anything but ordinary everyday things. We don't seem to be able to get any closer, and that's the problem. Maybe it's my fault that we don't confide in each other. In any case, that's just how things are, and unfortunately they're not liable to change.This is why I've started the diary. [Anne Franck]
I cannot believe how touched I was when I read Anne Francks diary. She was 14 years old, at the beginning even younger, I am double of her age, and even so I felt she expressed better than me that feeling of loneliness in the world. We do not need thousands of friends. Only one. Just one, that friend who wants to create a world from us.
I will come back with other references to Anne's diary. But now I am remembering the saddest fable in the world. It's short, it was written by Georg Buchner in his wonderful "Woyzech" theatre play.
Kommt, ihr kleinen Krabben! – Es war einmal ein arm Kind und hatt' kein Vater und keine Mutter, war alles tot, und war niemand mehr auf der Welt. Alles tot, und es is hingangen und hat gesucht Tag und Nacht. Und weil auf der Erde niemand mehr war, wollt's in Himmel gehn, und der Mond guckt es so freundlich an; und wie es endlich zum Mond kam, war's ein Stück faul Holz. Und da is es zur Sonn gangen, und wie es zur Sonn kam, war's ein verwelkt Sonneblum. Und wie's zu den Sternen kam, waren's kleine goldne Mücken, die waren angesteckt, wie der Neuntöter sie auf die Schlehen steckt. Und wie's wieder auf die Erde wollt, war die Erde ein umgestürzter Hafen. Und es war ganz allein. Und da hat sich's hingesetzt und geweint, und da sitzt es noch und is ganz allein. [Buchner]
I will translate it aproximatively instead of searching with google...Come here, you little children. A long ago, it was a boy, and this boy had no father, no mother, all was dead and nobody was still alive on the Earth. All dead, but he continued to look every day and night, hoping to reach someone. But because the Earth was empty, he went to the moon while she looked so friendly. He arrived there, but the moon was only a piece of wood and nothing else. So he went to the sun and discovered only a sear sonflower. And when he reached the stars, they were simple golden mosquitos, already infected. And when he came back to Earth, the Earth was an inverter harbour. He was alone. All alone. And he stood up and started to cry, and he cries nowadays being all alone.
TAGS :


COMMENTS